Personal: writer (technical and philosophical) who writes on a variety of topics, from linguistics/communications to silent movies and the a variety of social ephemera. Lived in California nearly all of my life; resident of Oregon, USA, since June 2008.
Completed one year of training as a Maritime Deck officer, then earned my way through college working as a hairdresser, a sign painter, even a caretaker in a mortuary! “Real” jobs as a graphic designer for an advertising agency, then typesetter/ artist for a large government office lead to a career with a variety of positions with software and translation vendors. These unique experiences have qualified me to dispense pearls of wisdom via my blog found nowhere else in the universe.
Overseas travel has included UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Greece, Turkey, Yugoslavia, Rumania, Austria, Brazil, Australia, and of course, Canada and Mexico.
Professional: Extensive Project Manager and Consulting experience. Strong skills in all phases of localization/translation related to technical documentation and help systems, including production and project management. Highly regarded course developer and trainer. Strong G11N and I18N content analysis experience. Extensive experience in LIFE SCIENCES. Strong content analysis and repurposing skills: adept at content conversion from older formats to XML and FrameMaker. Author and rewrite technical data for multiple audiences, domestic and international. Have successfully “ghost written” for senior executives.
* Experienced translation/localization project manager
* Sales & Product training; trained over 1,250 people, “hands-on”
* Manage & work with off-shore production resources
* Extensive experience with LIFE SCIENCES, eLEARNING, SOCIAL NETWORKING & HI TECH customer needs
* Expertise in major authoring doc/help systems: Adobe Community Expert in FrameMaker
* Controlled & Simplified English
* ISO-9001 certification experience
* Authored widely published White Papers & technical case studies
See Linked In profile at: www.linkedin.com/in/maxwellhoffmann